Concerned parents are running for school board promising to ban critical race theory. The left denies it is in use while calling people racist for opposing what they say isn’t being taught.
With the controversy of Critical Race Theory not quieting any time soon, the ACLU is suing the state of Oklahoma over its ban on teaching divisive and race-dividing concepts like critical race theory in public schools.
- Speaking in response to its prominence in school board election debates, the president of the American Historical Association said critics of CRT twist the term “into sound bites” and “prefer ignorance about the nation’s history, rather than education.”
- Meanwhile, a Washington state school board passed a resolution that prevents “a learning environment in which individuals are judged by their race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, or life circumstances,” upsetting a handful of people.
- School board elections in a sleepy Connecticut town are allegedly “venomous” after “Republican outsiders, parents new to politics” are running for school board to stop CRT from being taught as these parents are reported as rubes for a racist movement created by former President Trump.
- Another Washington state school board faces the same kind of “proxy battleground in the culture war” in their elections in which mask mandates, critical race theory, and sex education dominate the election.
- MSNBC’s Mehdi Hasan blasted former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice as part of a society that is “uncomfortable” with teaching the racist roots of the United States.
- The New York Times reported on the school board elections that fired up previously-uninterested parents to run for office, while quoting a school board member as saying “Critical race theory is not taught in our district, period.”
- Newsweek highlighted the increased emphasis on education and curriculum in the Virginia gubernatorial election between Republican Glenn Youngkin and Democrat Terry McAuliffe.
- Fox News similarly covered the importance of public education in the Virginia election, noting Virginia Gubernatorial Candidate Glenn Youngkin vowed to ban the teaching of critical race theory.
- The Federalist blasted the FBI, Attorney General Merrick Garland, and the White House for coordinating with the National School Board Association to label parents protesting mask mandates and critical race theory as “domestic terrorists.”
- The New York Post also attacked the Biden administration after AG Garland “basically admitted that the White House pushed the Justice Department about the NSBA’s “odious letter” “begging the feds to use the Patriot Act” against protesting parents.
When it comes to critical race theory, the left is engaging in some of the most hysterical and ghastly name-calling while also gaslighting the country. They protest that those who oppose critical race theory are racists who don’t want racism or the “true” American history to be taught while also protesting it is not being taught. Firstly, they cannot have it both ways. Secondly, they continue their sleight-of-hand by saying CRT, silently defining it as a “legal structure” only taught in higher education, is not used or taught in primary schools. But the derivative social justice concepts as a result of CRT are very much being deployed to schools, indoctrinating children and teaching them their social and human value comes from the color of their skin.
© Dallas Gerber, 2021