Effective December 1, 2020.
On Spangld, you find daily in-depth news summaries to help you navigate topics important to you. Spangld contributors provide write-ups and well-rounded narratives from each political viewpoint based on various news sources to bring you voices from across the aisles. Letting you decide where the facts of the story are coming from, the way news was always meant to be consumed.
If you decide to leave a comment or fill out a contact form on the website, we only collect the information which you provide to us, which may include email address and any other information you choose to provide. User provided information is the only personally identifiable information we collect.
In order for us to provide you the best possible experience on our website, we need to collect and process certain information (“Usability Information”). Our service for collecting this usability data is Google Analytics. Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google, that allows us to analyze reports regarding usage and better understand and improve upon our customers’ experiences. This is achieved by collecting non-personally identifiable data such as the website from which you came to our Website, the parts of our Website you visit, the date and duration of your visit, your anonymized IP address and device information (device type, operating system, screen resolution, language and web browser type)
To collect this information Google Analytics utilizes technologies such as cookies (small data files transferred onto computers or devices by sites). Cookies can be deactivated or restricted through settings on your web browser. Cookies which have already been stored may be deleted at any time.
Google Analytics collects and stores the Usability Information on our behalf, this data is non-personally identifiable. More information on Google’s privacy policies can be found here.
We do not collect information not explicitly described above.
WordPress.org collects Default Information when you visit and use our website.
User Provided Information is collected when you submit a form on the website such as to provide feedback or leave a comment.
Google analytics collects Usability Information when you visit and use our site.
We use the Default Information to understand how many, when and where visitors come to our site and how they got there. We also want to understand which parts of our page(s) are relevant and how, when and where they are being used. This data is provided to us by our hosting service, WordPress, and we cannot identify any individual user who visits our site through this information and the information is not tied to any individual or household.
We use the User Provided Information, which you give us through our feedback form to improve our product. If you email us, we use the User Provided Information to communicate with you in response to your request.
We use the Usability Information collected by Google Analytics to improve the performance of our site, to develop new product features, and to identify and fix bugs. We also use it to understand which parts of our page(s) are relevant and how, when and where they are being used.
We do not share any information with marketers or advertising platforms, and we do not sell or lease any personally identifiable information.
You may have heard about the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) in Europe, the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) as well as other similar regulations and laws elsewhere. Such laws give people certain rights with respect to their personally identifiable information collected by us. Accordingly, Spangld recognizes and intends to comply with GDPR, CCPA and other laws, and provide those rights for all users, except as limited by applicable law. These rights include:
- Right of Access – This includes your right to access the personally identifiable information we gather about you, and your right to obtain information about the sharing, storage, security, and processing of that information.
- Right to Correction – This is your right to request correction of your personally identifiable information.
- Right to Erasure – This is your right to request, subject to certain limitations under applicable law, that your personally identifiable information be erased from our possession (also known as the “Right to be forgotten”).
- Right to Complain – You have the right to make a complaint regarding our handling of your personally identifiable information with the appropriate supervisory authority.
- Right to Restrict Processing – This is your right to request restriction of how and why your personally identifiable information is used or processed.
- Right to Object – This is your right, in certain situations, to object to how or why your personally identifiable information is processed.
- Right to Portability – This is your right to receive the personally identifiable information we have about you and the right to transmit it to another party.
- Right to not be subject to Automated Decision-Making – This is your right to object and prevent any decision that could have a legal, or similarly significant, effect on you from being made solely based on automated processes. This right is limited, however, if the decision is necessary for performance of any contract between you and us, is allowed by applicable law, or is based on your explicit consent.
Spangld does not discriminate against any user, in terms of price, service, or otherwise, for exercising these rights.
You can exercise these rights by making a request to Spangld by contacting us using any of the contact information located below. Upon receiving a verifiable request – verified by two-factor authentication or other similar method – by a user to exercise these rights, Spangld intends to comply within a reasonable time, but in no event more than 30 days, unless we notify you otherwise in writing. If the request is uniquely burdensome or otherwise causes Spangld to incur significant costs, we reserve the right to request reimbursement, to the extent allowed by applicable law or regulation.
If you have questions about exercising these rights, or need assistance, please contact us at the information located below.
We also do not require or seek any “special categories” of information under GDPR including racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic data, biometric data, sexual orientation or health information. If you wish to designate an agent to make a request on your behalf, please contact us at the information located below.
We retain your personally identifiable information only as long as necessary for the purpose for which it was collected or as required for necessary business purposes. For example, If you provide personally identifiable information in order to communicate with us regarding an issue, we keep that information to respond to your question or request and delete the information once we have closed the issue (unless we need to keep the information for legal reasons).
As part of the services we provide, and only to the extent necessary, we may use certain third-party processors to process some or all your personally identifiable information. The processors we use for this purpose, and a short description of what they do, are:
- WordPress: We use WordPress to store and provide us with User Provided Information provided through our feedback and other forms, which may include personally identifiable information.
- Google Analytics: We use Google Analytics to collect non-identifiable Usability Information, improve the performance of our site, to develop new product features, and to identify and fix bugs. We also use it to understand which part of our page(s) are relevant and how, when and where they are being used. You can learn about Google sub processes
- Microsoft: We also use Microsoft 365 to host our email, and therefore Microsoft stores personally identifiable information regarding people with whom we email.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but it is possible to change your browser setup so that it does not accept cookies. To learn more about cookies, including how to see which cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, please visit: www.allaboutcookies.org
When you visit a website, your browser automatically shares certain information, such as your IP address and other device information. Some of this information may also be sent to third-party content providers (website analytic companies) that provide content on the website. Such sharing may allow the website and/or content providers to track you over time and across multiple websites. Today, many browsers offer Do Not Track plugins that allow you to express a preference that you not be tracked, and that tell websites that you visit, by sending an electronic beacon, this preference. At this time, our Website does not respond to Do Not Track beacons sent by browser plugins, however, while Spangld does collect information about the site you came from to get to the Website, we do not track where you go to next after visiting our Website.
We use WordPress to host this website, as well as store our information. You can learn about security measures and practices put in place here.
We use Google Analytics to Usability Information our behalf. You can find out more on their security measures here.
If we have User Provided Information (i.e., your personally identifiable information) – as a result of your creating an account or contacting us – we may be required by law to respond to subpoenas, court orders, and other types of legal requests. We anticipate few requests for this information. We may also share your information to defend ourselves against any lawsuit, claim or similar action, or to investigate potential violations of our policies or otherwise protect Spangld or the Website.
We endeavor to keep accurate and up-to-date records to help ensure the integrity of the services we offer. It is your responsibility, however, to ensure that such information is accurate, complete, and up to date. If you would like to review the personally identifiable information we have about you, or if you know there is an inaccuracy, or need to make a change to any personally identifiable information you have provided to us, please update the information using any of the methods below. Please include your name and the email address you previously provided to us when you contact us.
Even after you have consented to our collection and use of your personally identifiable information, you may opt-out of having your personally identifiable information data collected or used by us by contacting us via any of the methods below.
Because the data we collect through Google analytics is anonymized we cannot associate that information with a particular person, and therefore, we cannot request to delete that information from Google analytics on your behalf. If you wish to opt-out of this tracking, you can follow the steps provided here.
This Website is operated in the United States. If you are located in the European Union or elsewhere outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By using our Website, participating in any of our services and/or providing us with your information, you consent to this transfer.
- The information practices of other companies and organizations that are mentioned, linked to, or that may advertise on our website;
- Services offered by other companies or individuals that are displayed to you in search results on our web or mobile applications; and/or
- Any other product Spangld may offer now or in the future.
By email at:
By mail at:
Freedom Fries, LLC
PO Box 0613
Chicago, IL 60606