While the CDC cut the recommended isolation time for asymptomatic people, Dr. Fauci implied domestic travel vaccine mandates are not necessary. His history suggests they ARE indeed coming.
CDC officials cut the recommended isolation requirements for those who test positive but show no symptoms from 10 days to 5.
- The decision was made in part because the omicron variant, now the dominant strain in the U.S., “may cause milder illnesses” than previous strains, with CDC Dr. Rochelle Walensky saying “many are going to be asymptomatic.”
- The omicron’s mild impact on individuals who contract has forced some public health officials to admit what some skeptics have said for months: hospitalization rates are a more appropriate indicator of severity rather than total case numbers.
- Dr. Fauci, in a possible harbinger of things to come, recently said a vaccine mandate for domestic air travel is not expected but that “it’s on the table.”
- The New York Times, opposite of how Politico framed Fauci’s comments, framed his remarks about a domestic flight vaccine mandate as “something that should seriously be considered”, quoting him from an MSNBC interview.
- CBS News highlighted dire warnings from public health officials about the total number of new cases (despite what The Hill reported about a shift in thinking), saying a rise in child hospitalizations and college disruptions are causing concern.
- In its report literally about the doom and gloom of celebrating the new year, Huffington Post perpetuated the pandemic porn by quoting Fauci as saying “it’s going to get worse before it gets better.”
- Breitbart highlighted a quote from Biden receiving very little coverage outside right leaning media: his admission that “there is no federal solution” to ending the COVID-19 pandemic and much of what is needed must be relied upon at the state level.
- RedState ‘pounced’ on the same admission, contrasting it with what Biden and some of his top aides said publicly over the last two years and calling Biden’s 2020 campaign a “scam” given he ran almost exclusively on his competency to end the pandemic.
- Daily Wire showed the United States is not the only nation with tensions over how to address omicron, highlighting controversy between U.K. officials over whether to implement new restrictions.
© Dallas Gerber, 2021