Liberals are angry Jared Schmeck said “Let’s Go Brandon” to President Biden. They apparently have amnesia after five years of celebrities shouting vulgarities about Trump.
The man who got President Joe Biden to say “Let’s Go Brandon” has been receiving death threats for “utilizing [his] freedom of speech.”
- Oregon father Jared Schmeck ended a Santa-tracking phone call with the President and First Lady Jill Biden on Friday saying “Let’s Go Brandon”, a phrase used by conservatives to criticize the President.
- Schmeck told local news his remark was a joke, saying he has “nothing against Mr. Biden, but I am frustrated because I think he can be doing a better job.”
- The phrase “Let’s Go Brandon” became popular after an NBC Sports reporter, in an attempt to ignore vulgar language on live TV, said to NASCAR driver Brandon Brown that the crowd was shouting “Let’s Go Brandon” instead of “F— Joe Biden.”
- Brown has spoken out about the popular phrase bearing his name, saying he “doesn’t want to get involved in divisive politics.”
- Left wing media needed a fainting couch after hearing such vulgar language, including the paragon of virtue Rolling Stone, who mocked Schmeck for “whining” about free speech.
- Extreme leftist blog Daily Kos published a blog post full of insults for Schmeck, calling him “a new hero for the white nationalists.”
- NPR’s recounting of the event made sure their readers knew Schmeck was being disrespectful to “the leader of the free world” with “a catch phrase that’s been adopted in conservative circles.”
- Many outlets on the right focus on the media hysterics of the phone call, including Daily Caller which covered the remarkably, incandescently stupid remarks from Ron Brownstein on CNN who said Schmeck’s comments were “fundamentally about insurrection.”
- Fox News collected a handful of liberal outlets calling the phrase a “right wing slur” and CNN reporters insulting Schmeck on Twitter.
- RedState highlighted the attempts by liberals on Twitter to doxx Schmeck and harass the business at which he works, contrasting it to the vulgarity spewed at Trump for five years by Hollywood and leftist culture warriors.
Juli Briskman, the woman photographed giving President Trump’s motorcade the finger, was lauded by liberal media as a hero, subjected to profile piece after glowing profile piece. Madonna joked about blowing up the White House and Johnny Depp fantasized about assassinating Donald Trump. Robert DeNiro thought he was being super brave by standing up in a room full of people who agreed with him and announced “F— Trump” to thunderous applause.
But we’re supposed to believe their fake outrage over a random citizen using an anodyne phrase, which is actually more of a commentary on the media’s kid-glove treatment of Biden, in front of the President? Sure, and I’ve got a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.
© Dallas Gerber, 2021