President Biden is facing lawsuits over his vaccine mandate and a pushback from the FDA on booster shots. It’s not been a good week for the Biden administration.
Nearly half of all state attorneys general are threatening to sue the Biden administration over the new federal vaccine mandate for private sector employers.
- In New York, the brand-new Gov. Kathy Hochul is being sued by Christian health care workers who are asking for a religious exemption to the state’s vaccine mandate for their industry.
- Workers at Disney World in Florida protested against the company’s vaccine mandate.
- Despite the Biden White House pushing for a vaccine booster plan last month*, an FDA panel scaled back the plan and only recommended boosters for people 65 and older.
- Meanwhile, a therapeutic treatment for COVID-19 is being restricted and rationed by the federal government, leaving Texas and Florida short on monoclonal antibody treatment.
- CNN detailed which private sector industries will see the most impact by Biden’s vaccine mandate. The outlet also explained why the FDA restricted Biden’s booster shot plans.
- The Washington Post spun the FDA news as a partial win for the Biden administration, saying it is “far narrower than what the companies and top officials” were hoping for.
- Vox poured cold water on Biden’s hopes, effectively arguing a variety of scientific and medical authorities believing booster shots are not necessary for “the general population.”
- The Federalist’s coverage was the opposite of the Washington Post’s, framing the FDA panel’s recommendation as a clear rejection of the Biden administration’s plans.
- The Washington Times reported on pushback from Republican states that are being shorted on monoclonal antibody treatments by the Department of Health and Human Services.**
- Biden’s bad week was highlighted by the New York Post: The publication mentioned “the FDA rejected his push” for coronavirus booster shots as one of several examples of the Biden White House’s “dismal Friday.”
*In early August, President Biden stepped up to the microphone, announced his plan for booster shots for everyone over the age of 16, took no questions and turned his back on reporters and the American people. This announcement was in the first days of the Afghanistan debacle. It was clear to many this was simply an attempt to change the headlines. It obviously failed. But few in the media were willing to call him out on it. Biden is still not taking questions, but the mainstream media shrugs it off and talks about the color coordination among the White House press corps.
**Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis has a target on his back. The mainstream media and the Democrat establishment is scared to death of his political future. He has martialed the resources of the Florida government, competently navigated the pandemic, and done so while swatting away the wasps in the media attempting to sting him. They’re doing it again. The media tried to take down DeSantis over his promotion of monoclonal antibody treatments. DeSantis again called them out on their poor reporting and political bias, noting the sainted Dr. Anthony Fauci has been promoting the very same thing.
And the media wonders why half the country doesn’t believe a word they say…
© Dallas Gerber, 2021