Data from several countries show infection rates among vaccinated have risen slightly. Still more than 99% of deaths are among unvaccinated people.
The Delta variant of the COVID-19 virus is showing slight signs of resilience in Israel as vaccine effectiveness dropped to 64%, YET the vaccine still proved 93% effective in “preventing hospitalization and serious illness.”
- Meanwhile, in the UK, Prime Minister Boris Johnson is easing social distancing and masking mandates, saying it will be up to individuals to go about their lives safely. Public health officials say UK’s vaccination rates have reduced the severity of infections.
- The CDC’s Dr. Anthony Fauci continued his vanity publicity tour urging Americans to get vaccinated, which the Johnson & Johnson one-shot version shows protection against the Delta variant.
- The Associated Press used multiple anecdotal examples from rural Kentucky in reporting on vaccine hesitancy that “tends to run higher in conservative and rural parts of the country.”
- To the North, Canada announced it will eventually ease travel restrictions, keeping in place the ban on Americans traveling to Canada until 75% of the nation is fully vaccinated.
- The New York Times reported on vaccine effectiveness among Americans with weaker immune systems, saying third and sometimes even fourth booster shots can be necessary but that “there is no concerted effort by federal agencies to test this approach.”
- The Washington Post also poses the question of booster shots, specifically for those who received the Johnson & Johnson shot (which has shown to protect against the Delta variant).
- CNN reported on a horrific scam in India, the epicenter of the latest wave of infections and deaths, in which vaccine drives were held that injected victims with salt water for a fee.
- Newsmax reported on new statistics touted by Dr. Fauci showing the vast majority of new infections are from unvaccinated people, that less than one percent of recent deaths were from those vaccinated.
- OANN highlighted Rep. Thomas Massie’s efforts to prevent members of the American military from being subjected to vaccine mandates, pointing to apparent evidence showing “no benefit” from the vaccine for those who recovered from COVID-19 infection.
- The Federalist published an op-ed from a group of doctors warning of the risks posed by college and university vaccine mandates, particularly noting that the exemption provided are not based on sound medicine.
Get vaccinated. Or don’t. It’s up to you and your doctor, who together should be able to make the most informed decision for you. Data shows overall effectiveness against infection generally and amazing protection against serious illness and symptoms leading to hospitalization.
Operation Warp Speed and the rapid deployment of the radical new technology, the mRNA vaccine, is nothing short of a modern marvel. Whether you get the shot or not, this medical and technological feat cannot be denied!
© Dallas Gerber, 2021