Private entities are facing difficult decisions on how to recommend or mandate coronavirus vaccines. The left wants to use vaccine mandates for social justice in America, but are concerned about mandates in China.
COVID-19 vaccine mandates in the live entertainment industry are dividing venue owners, talent, and fans as attendance and revenue plummets amid the delta variant surge.
- General Motors is requiring its salaried office workers to disclose their vaccination status while keeping disclosure voluntary for hourly, typically union, employees.
- Chicago’s police union is pushing back on Mayor Lori Lightfoot’s desire to implement a vaccine mandate for public employees, and the same fight is happening in cities large and small across the country.
- The Moderna vaccine has been halted in Japan after a handful of manufactured lots were found to have contained contaminants leading to the death of two Japanese men.
- Afghan refugees are arriving at Dulles International Airport in Washington DC, where they are brought to a vaccination clinic to receive the single-dose Johnson & Johnson shot.
- According to the CDC (the same agency that used complete bullshit data to push a new mask recommendation for vaccinated people), studies are showing “waning” effectiveness in COVID-19 vaccines.
- Newsweek reported on a mother who has been refused visitation rights by a judge because she is not vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Jonathan Chait (who exposed his complete lack of shame when arguing the media are harder on Democratic presidents than Republicans after we just spent 5 years of unprecedented hostile coverage based on anonymous reports and fake witch-hunts) said vaccine mandates can be used for social engineering police forces.*
- CNN suddenly has an issue with vaccine mandates and government coercion, but only when the Chinese Communist Party does it. Even then, their reporting is sympathetic to a despotic totalitarian regime that is increasingly built upon the cult of personality of Xi Jinping.
- Fox News reported on the shifting of federal dollars away from vaccination efforts to housing children apprehended while attempting to cross the US-Mexico border illegally.
- Newsmax wasted their time and original reporting on an odd story only to provide further excuses for the “vaccine hesitant”: the brand name of Pfizer’s fully FDA-approved COVID-19 vaccine is causing “confusion.”
- Townhall reported on the contradictory and scientifically-illiterate moves made by the Biden administration when announcing booster shot approval in a futile attempt to distract the country from the horrors of Afghanistan. Shortly after the announcement, CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky said “we don’t have data yet” when asked about the booster shots.
It’s okay to be pro-vaccine and anti-mandate. The amount of control the various levels of government are attempting to exert is alarming. Parents are being superseded by judges and school boards.
Jonathan Chait joins the chorus of loons on the left who think the only government agency that should not have any ability of use of force is the police, which is the only government actor that should (with the appropriate balance of force among the public, anchored by the Second Amendment).
CNN’s report on vaccination in China is a damned joke. Firstly, China’s vaccines are barely effective. Secondly, the notion that anything in China is “voluntary” is nonsense.
Newsmax is making a fool of themselves with silly, childish reporting on the name of pharmaceuticals.
© Dallas Gerber, 2021