NY Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s inner circle is getting smaller as one top aide announced her resignation. With impeachment or resignation all but certain, potential successors are waiting in the wings.
The hits on NY Gov. Andrew Cuomo keep coming as one of his accusers went on CBS This Morning after filing a criminal complaint against the governor for groping her.
- A “senior aide” to Cuomo also announced her resignation on Sunday. The aide “was linked in the report to efforts to cover up the governor’s actions.”
- Cuomo continues to deny having done anything wrong.
- The sexual harassment scandal is said to have refocused the spotlight on workplace harassment and inappropriate actions that also took down prominent media figures such as Harvey Weinstein and Matt Lauer.
- As more politicians call for Cuomo’s ouster, many are lining up to take his place, with Politico profiling everyone from the Lieutenant Governor, who would actually become governor, to long-shot state legislature officials.
- CNN Media Hack Correspondent Brian Stelter once again defended CNN’s Chris Cuomo, brother to Gov. Cuomo, and CNN itself for its handling of the revelation that Chris aided in the public defense of his brother.
- The New York Times reported on Lieutenant Governor Kathy Hochul, who has kept a relatively low profile through most of her tenure, as she is likely set to assume the governorship.
- Huffington Post covered the former Cuomo aide’s interview with CBS News, detailing the allegations of sexual assault.
- While OANN piggybacked off the New York Times’ reporting on the current Lieutenant Governor, Fox News highlighted the departure of Cuomo’s senior aide Melissa DeRosa, characterizing it as “significant” given her inner-circle status.
- Newsmax offered a uniquely weird perspective for right-leaning media, interviewing legal expert Alan Dershowitz who blasted the New York Attorney General’s report on Cuomo’s alleged harassment, saying the report is not credible and that it was a “one-sided investigation” that requires cross examination.
- Breitbart highlighted comments from the Albany County Sheriff, whose office is handling the criminal complaint from a former Cuomo aide, saying he is “not going to be intimidated” by political forces during his investigation.
© Dallas Gerber, 2021