The left is in a perpetual state of fear over the most minute risks remaining. Meanwhile the right is actually “following the science” on natural immunity and mask mandates for children.
The July 4th holiday weekend is being heralded as a “return to normal” by the White House despite warnings from the experts about the “more contagious and potentially deadly delta variant” of the coronavirus.
- This warning comes despite data showing the delta variant not causing a spike in hospitalizations in England.
- Despite nationwide drop in covid infection and death rates, the Strategic National Stockpile of medical equipment maintained by the Department of Health and Human Services is running low on low-cost items like surgical gowns, gloves, and masks.
- Europe is in a race against the clock trying to “accelerate coronavirus vaccinations” before the delta variant spreads further.
- In the rest of the world, Australia saw its largest daily COVID-19 caseload of the year while India, which was ravaged this spring by the delta variant, has surpassed 400,000 deaths.
- On the left, the risks of being unvaccinated dominates the coverage, including in The Atlantic which discussed how the vaccines developed pre-variants are still effective even as the coronavirus mutates.
- Salon celebrated the drastic decline in deaths this year but argued systemic racial and socio-economic issues are the leading cause in large pockets of unvaccinated people, saying recent COVID-19 deaths are “disproportionately Black Americans.”
- The Washington Post joined the drum circle of fearmongers, saying the drastic decrease in COVID-19 cases help drive an “unrealistically optimistic” message as “unvaccinated people are getting the wrong message.”
- OANN reported on data from the Cleveland Clinic showing those who contracted COVID-19 and survived have mostly built a natural immunity and “may not need to get a vaccination at all.”
- Reporting by the Daily Caller highlighted Wisconsin Sen. Ron Johnson’s efforts to obtain information from pharmaceutical companies that created the COVID-19 vaccines on adverse reactions to the vaccine, saying those who suffer side effects from getting vaccinated should not be vilified or ridiculed.
- Townhall reported on Fox News’ Tucker Carlson segment on the Journal of the American Medical Association’s data and report showing forcing masks on children was “legitimately dangerous.” Research showed masked kids inhaling six times more carbon dioxide than is considered safe for adults.
It seems apparent the data is obvious: get vaccinated, but don’t be forced by the government to get the shot. With even just half of all Americans vaccinated, the COVID-19 caseload is a shadow of what it was at the worst of the pandemic. And as more is learned about the effectiveness against mutations of the virus, it’s become clear this modern marvel of mRNA vaccines has basically stopped the coronavirus in its tracks.
The fearmongering among the left is unnecessary and dramatic, a last-ditch effort to keep a fearful readership glued to their screens. We don’t need to live in fear anymore, and we especially don’t need a manipulative liberal media coercing us into endless lockdowns and eternal mask mandates.
© Dallas Gerber, 2021