Conservative media and twitter blew up when Biden admin official John Kerry was caught not wearing a mask on a commercial flight. Predictably, liberal media ignored it despite covering a similar story last year when Sen. Ted Cruz was caught not wearing a mask.
John Kerry, Biden’s special envoy for climate, flew on a commercial flight from Boston to Washington, DC this week not wearing a face mask per federal guidelines.
- Kerry was photographed and mocked by a fellow passenger for not following guidelines, saying he saluted Kerry “for not flying private, but instead flying first class commercial with the rest of us common folk.”
- Responding to the incident and press coverage, Kerry tweeted that if he did take off his mask it was only temporary and called the entire episode “malarkey.”
- American Airlines has been made aware of the photos and said it is investigating the matter.
- Most liberal outlets have ignored the story, despite covering Ted Cruz who flew maskless last year.
- Newsweek deployed the classic tactic of reporting on the conservative reaction, highlighting a tweet by Donald Trump, Jr. who called out Kerry for hypocrisy.
- The only coverage The Daily Beast gives to the story is a short post in their Cheat Sheet, dedicating it solely to Kerry’s denial response.
- RedState focused their coverage on a handful of prominent twitter accounts roasting Kerry and American Airlines, noting the company has repeatedly removed children off flights for not wearing masks while allowing Kerry to go maskless.
- The Federalist noted that Kerry was following Biden’s example, who broke his own mask mandate policies during his first day in office while “celebrating” his inauguration at the Lincoln Memorial.
- Fox News interviewed Sen. Tom Cotton who says Kerry has a history of not following the rules and being a hypocrite, noting his use of a private jet to fly to Europe so he could receive an award for his climate change activism.
© Dallas Gerber, 2021