In an interview with ABC, President Biden said Governor Andrew Cuomo will have to resign if an investigation validates sexual harassment allegations against him. Many Democrats and liberal in New York are sticking with him according to New York Times polling.
New York Governor Andrew Cuomo’s chances of staying in office have gotten slimmer after President Biden said Cuomo should go if an investigation validates accusations of sexual harassment and assault against Cuomo.
- Biden’s remarks, made during an interview with ABC’s George Stephanopoulos, were the “strongest words yet” and came two days after he said he’d refrain from commenting until after the New York Attorney General completed an investigation.
- New York’s senators in Washington, Majority Leader Chuck Schumer and Kristen Gilibrand, called for Cuomo’s resignation last week.
- An attorney for one of Cuomo’s accusers says more women are coming forward privately to her with additional accusations against the governor.
- The New York Times detailed the Cuomo team’s efforts to discredit one of his accusers by saying her allegations were politically motivated, while in separate reporting the Times analyzes the enduring liberal coalition still supporting Cuomo found in polling that suggests he has considerable political capital built up from his coronavirus response.
- In report on accusers meeting with the NYAG’s investigators, CNN emphasized the “demoralized” mood inside the Governor’s inner circle.
- Huffington Post was one of the few liberal outlets to mention Cuomo’s other scandal, his administration’s intentional underreporting of covid-related nursing home deaths, tying the two together as the source of antagonism and calls for his resignation.
- RedState criticized ABC’s George Stephanopoulos for “tossing softballs” at Biden for him to easily respond, while speculating it sounded like Biden abruptly cut himself off before attacking the credibility of some of Cuomo’s accusers.
- According to the New York Post, the NY Assembly Speaker Carl Heastie, a Democrat from The Bronx, has been skeptical of the accusations and wants accusers to be interrogated “under oath.”
- OANN interviewed one woman who claims she has been victimized and met with retaliation for a decade after speaking up a decade ago about Cuomo’s behavior.
© Dallas Gerber, 2021