Nikki Haley is making the media rounds, including a long profile in Politico. In the interview she criticized her old boss former President Trump, and that’s not sitting well with anyone, left or right.
In a wide-ranging profile, Politico shared Nikki Haley’s political rise and future, anecdotes of her time in the Trump White House detail her power struggles with top administration brass, including then-Secretary of State Rex Tillerson and Vice President Mike Pence, a former friend of Haley’s.
- Included in the Politico article is Haley’s declaration that Trump “let us down”, saying Republicans “shouldn’t have followed him”, despite defending Trump just a few weeks ago.
- When Haley was asked why she didn’t reach out to Trump to convince him to end his push to challenge election results, Haley said “The person that I worked with is not the person that I have watched since the election.”
- Haley defended former Vice President Mike Pence, with whom Politico alleged a falling-out of sorts after Haley’s political maneuvering in the Trump administration, saying she was disgusted by Trump’s treatment of Pence.
- The New York Times framed their report on Haley’s Politico profile through her potential run for president in 2024, saying her comments were “calibrated.”
- Haley’s criticism of Trump and her belief he is not the future of the Republican Party was the focus on CNN’s reporting.
- Huffington Post delighted in collecting Twitter comments slamming Haley for criticizing Trump “too little, too late.”
- Newsmax interviewed fellow former Trump administration official Ric Grenell, who dismissed Haley’s criticism of Trump, saying Trump is still the leader of the Republican Party.
- Haley’s comments involving Trump’s responsibility for the Jan 6th attack on the U.S. Capitol was the focus of the New York Post, emphasizing Haley’s sentiment that the events of the day irreparably damaged Trump’s chances of a political resurrection.
- Townhall.com’s Matt Vespa predicted her comments about Trump have already doomed any presidential ambitions Haley may have had, saying she “spit in the faces” of Trump supporters.
© Dallas Gerber, 2021