Fellow Democrats are sounding the alarm on a pending border crisis. This comes on the heels of the controversy over the Biden administration re-opening a detention center for minors apprehended the border.
The Biden administration is being criticized after a report that dozens of people apprehended attempting to cross the U.S.-Mexico border illegally had tested positive for COVID-19 and were released in Texas.
- Several Democrat congressmen are publicly warning the situation is untenable, with Rep. Vicente Gonzalez saying the Biden administration’s plans of releasing illegal border crossers into America “will send a message to Central Americans that tens of thousands of people can show up at the border”, which he calls “catastrophic” for everyone involved.
- One person told a reporter she had crossed the border, was apprehended and released with hours.
- It’s gotten so bad that Greyhound Lines bus company is requesting emergency funding from the government to help transport the “expected increase in migrant releases.”
- Yesterday, the White House announced a group of officials will travel to the border on a fact-finding mission and to “assess the situation” of surging illegal border crossings.
- The Washington Post highlighted the remarks from Biden’s Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas earlier in the week in which he denied there is a border crisis but called it a “stressful challenge” and (of course) blamed the Trump administration.
- BBC News’ coverage was re-published by Yahoo, taking a skeptical view of the Biden administration’s excuses, highlighting criticism from “human rights groups” that Biden’s policies are not much different than the Trump administration’s policies.
- Bloomberg gave the Biden administration little cover, reporting “a spike in migrant crossings” is threatening a “potential humanitarian and political crisis” for President Biden, who insists there is no crisis.
- OANN’s reporting called the Biden administration’s decision not to allow members of the press to tour detention facilities for minors hypocritical while pointing out the many times both Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris criticized the Trump administration for the same policy they’re following.
- Breitbart highlighted the Left’s classic response of alleging racism, reporting on MSNBC’s Joy Reid calling criticism of the Biden administration releasing coronavirus-positive illegal immigrants into the United States “absurdly racist.”
- A former Trump official overseeing Customs and Border Protection said in a Fox News interview that Biden’s attempt to “shut down the virus” is to open the borders and incentivize illegal immigration in response to reports of coronavirus-positive illegal immigrants’ release into the United States.
- In a discussion on the Federalist Radio Hour, Federalist Political Editor John Daniel Davidson cut to the core of the crisis, saying “failed states” in Mexico and Central America are the ultimate driver and saying stabilizing those nations will reduce incentives for illegal immigration into the United States.
© Dallas Gerber, 2021