Local mandates for vaccines and masks are headed to court. Liberal heartthrob LeBron James is in hot water over support for players’ choice.
A challenge to New York City’s vaccine requirement for public school employees was blocked by Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor.
- California Gov. Gavin Newsom announced coronavirus vaccines will be among the vaccination requirements for public and private school attendance in the state.
- Arizona’s ban on school mask mandates is headed to the state’s Supreme Court next month after a county judge “struck down budget provisions banning mask and vaccine mandates, as well as the teaching of critical race theory.”
- While the global death toll for COVID-19 hit 5 million, the CDC issued an urgent warning for pregnant women to get vaccinated.
- The European Union issued a warning saying there may be a link between Johnson & Johnson’s one-dose vaccine and blood clots.
- The New York Times reported on the milestone of 700,000 COVID-19 deaths in the United States, despite the fact that “the country has offered broad access to shots”, noting nearly all deaths from the Delta variant were from the unvaccinated.
- CNN reported on international travel restrictions being implemented in the United Kingdom, highlighting outrage over quarantine mandates for fully vaccinated travelers from India and Africa.
- The Atlantic called out NBA superstar and China simp LeBron James for not sticking to the liberal script and excusing fellow NBA players’ decision not to get vaccinated.
- Fox News reported on the building strife between Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot and the city’s police union over the vaccine mandate for city workers.
- The lawyer representing NYC teachers in their lawsuit against the city’s vaccine mandate was interviewed by Newsmax following the California mandate announcement, who said New York will likely not be far behind California in mandating COVID-19 vaccines for students.
- RedState delighted in the blowback LeBron James is getting from the left, suggesting the anger among liberal commentators are upset because he is “busting the media/Democrat narrative that it’s only conservatives” who are vaccine hesitant.
The left’s freak-out over LeBron James is entertaining to watch. He has defended the worst human-rights abusers in the world and defends stale and outright false political narratives. But the second he steps outside the Left’s political reservation, he’s dragged by their elite and scolded for his non-conformity.
© Dallas Gerber, 2021