Labor unions are pushing back on Biden’s vaccine mandate. The media intentionally obscures the truth about vaccine mandates.
Unions, which largely supported Biden in the 2020 election, have shown increasing unease with his newly announced vaccine mandate for medium and large businesses.
- Businesses themselves are showing mixed reaction to the mandate, with some “welcoming” the order while others argue the cost of compliance is too much of a burden at a time when they cannot find any workers.
- The reaction from Republican lawmakers and politicians include a multiprong approach to stop vaccine mandates and use it as a “referendum of Biden’s job performance” for next year’s midterm election.
- Across the ocean, the United Kingdom scrapped their plans for a vaccine passport, with the Health Secretary saying he “instinctively does not like the idea of people having to show passports to do basic things.”
- State legislators in California also stopped their push for a state passport but said they could revisit the issue in the future.
- A vaccine passport in Hawaii is under fire from businesses who say they will not comply with the requirements and are “planning to operate as normal.”
- The Washington Post’s Aaron Blake took the lead on what many government overreach apologists have been doing: obscuring the nature of vaccine mandates already in place and ignoring the fact that, outside the federal workforce, there are very few if any federal mandates.
- CNN lauded Biden’s three-word response of “have at it” to GOP governors’ efforts to stop his unconstitutional vaccine mandate.
- The New York Times detailed the difficulty in determining what constitutes a religious exemption for vaccine mandates, saying exemption requests are “testing the boundaries” of federal civil rights laws.
- Fox News conducted “man on the street” interviews in New York City, which highlighted anecdotal resistance among New Yorkers to Biden’s vaccine mandate.
- OANN interviewed conservative commentator Todd Starnes who called Biden’s vaccine mandate and “assault on the Constitution.”
- The Blaze highlighted the fact that the legislative branch is not obligated to comply with Biden’s vaccine mandate, citing the executive branch’s inability to impose a mandate via executive order on another branch of government.
Either thought-leaders and elected officials on the Left have no idea how federalism works or they just don’t care. Last year, the entire mainstream media complex intentionally obscured the difference between those who argued the coronavirus could have come from an accidental lab leak in Wuhan with those who spewed conspiracy theory garbage about an intentional bioweapon.
They are now doing the same thing with opposition to federal vaccine mandates. So many mandates for vaccination are conducted at the state and local level. The media is intentionally hiding this distinction to pain opposition to a federal vaccine mandate as crazy, hypocritical or opportunistic.
© Dallas Gerber, 2021