Public employees in Democrat-run state don’t like vaccine mandates any more than residents in red states. The media covers their story far more sympathetically.
Blue states are facing backlash from public employee vaccine mandates as Oregon’s governor is being sued by state police and firefighters for the mandate.
- Washington Gov. Jay Inslee reached an agreement with the state’s teacher’s union after they threatened to sue over a vaccine mandate.
- A federal vaccine mandate for nursing homes is threatening to leave them understaffed after “low-wage staff” are “reluctant to get the shot.”
- Private sector employers have been offering incentives to get vaccinated while Delta Air Lines recently announced a monthly surcharge for unvaccinated employees.
- Universities and public school districts across the nation are all taking different approaches to mitigating the virus. Only one, California’s Culver City schools, is actually requiring vaccinations for eligible students.
- Anti-vaccine and anti-mandate protests have been a frequent occurrence in Greece, France, and Germany. American media has largely ignored these protests.
- The Los Angeles Times reported on liberal California’s problems with vaccine mandate. A group of Los Angeles police and firefighters are resisting vaccine mandates amid concerns they could be fired for refusing the vaccine.
- Two directors for the American Civil Liberties Union, which no longer actually stands up for civil liberties or individual rights, wrote in the New York Times opinion section that “far from compromising civil liberties, vaccine mandates actually further civil liberties.”
- The Washington Post reported on polling conducted for the newspaper that said 70% of unvaccinated workers are likely to quit their job if required to be vaccinated.
- Kevin Williamson argued in the New York Post that the United States needs to be more transparent, ethical, and effective in vaccine mandate efforts if we are to have one at all. He argued government power outside of vaccines and public health have been so easily and disgustingly abused, people are right to be concerned.
- Fox News highlighted violence perpetrated by Antifa towards a non-violent rally protesting vaccine and mask mandates in the state of Washington.
- According to RedState, employees of the California State Assembly have been placed on unpaid leave if they have not been vaccinated.
© Dallas Gerber, 2021